Monday, February 26, 2007

Well, Here We Are

A bit of snow, today. While shoveling my walk, I was remembering my youth: I lived on East Grand Ave., the main drag to the school, and had to hustle to get the walk shoveled before it got trampled, or someone slipped and sued us. I also did old Miss Davis's walk and driveway down at the end of the block.

Today I was wondering where all the neighborhood kids were, as I shoveled at 7:00 am-- later than usual: the joys of my job allow me to telecommute on occasion, and this seemed like a good occasion-- not only am I fat and out of shape, the one neighbor has a heart condition, and an enterprising youth would find plenty of opportunities to earn a few bucks. There are piles of kids around here, and they all came out to play after I was done. I played "mean old man" and told them to quit playing on my freshly cleared walk: they had the whole block at their disposal, and they chose to run and kick snow where they had just watched me shovel. Grump, grump, grump. Here's an old picture of my wife doing some shoveling (she volunteered!).

So I sent out the gmail invites, and I hope you will sign up (did I mention it's free?) and join me-- it gets kinda lonely here by myself. Tell us what you're up to. And invite some more grads. The more the merrier.

Steve E 

1 comment:

Steverino said...

This is what the comments look like. Originally I set it so only "team members"-- members of the group-- could post comments. That seems to be kind of restrictive: what if a friend or classmate happens by and wants to comment?

The down side is, we may get spammed. It's everywhere, yes; but I'll keep an eye out and we'll see what happens.

Steve E